Ancient Greek Zeus Coin Swivel Pendant
- 14kt yellow gold framing
- .18 ctw diamonds
- Certified ancient coin
- Swivel style pendant that rotates to show both side of coin
- Chain not included
- Date: 234-168 BCE
- Mint: Epirote republic; Ancient Greece
- Denomination: Drachma
- Metal: Silver
- Obverse: Zeus Dodonaeus, right, wearing oak wreath
- Reverse: Eagle on thunderbolt within wreath with script.
- In the ancient Greek religion, Zeus was the "Father of Gods and men" who ruled the Olympians of Mount Olympus as a father ruled the family. He was the god of sky and thunder in Greek mythology. His symbol is the eagle and thunderbolt, shown on the reverse.
- For a brief period (280–275 BC), the Epirote leader Pyrrhus managed to make Epirus the most powerful state in the Greek world.
Handmade with love
We take pride in creating unique works of wearable art, right here in our downtown Waco jewelry studio.
Come watch us work at 319 S. 4th St, B100, Waco, TX 76701, Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-6pm.