Meta Ancient Coin Split Chain Necklace
This incredible two tone piece is rich with history, making this a truly one-of-a-kind piece!
- 14kt yellow gold frame with .30 ctw diamonds
- 14kt two tone white and yellow gold chain
- Lobster claw clasp
- "Meta" ancient coin
- Approx 16"
- Certified ancient
- Ionia Miletos; city of Miletus (modern day Turkey)
- 6th century BC
- Features a roaring lion and star
- Silver coin, certified ancient
Fun facts: Miletus, where these coins were minted, is known as the birthplace of science and the home of the first scientist "Thales." These are thought to be the first coins minted in Northwest Asia Minor. The front depicts a roaring lion, and the reverse depicts a floral star described as a Star of Eight Rays.
Handmade with love
We take pride in creating unique works of wearable art, right here in our downtown Waco jewelry studio.
Come watch us work at 319 S. 4th St, B100, Waco, TX 76701, Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-6pm.